Results Trail 2020 Survey
Thank you very much for completing this survey. There were exactly 2210 of you last night to give us your opinion. Bob Vissenberg was the closest and won the Mont Blanc membership, allowing him to take part in our trail events free of charge for one year.
From your answers we draw the following conclusions:
1. The vast majority of runners use a heart rate monitor and Garmin and Polar are the market leaders (with Garmin being the undisputed number 1).
2. 3/4 of them take their phones with them when they go out to train (both during training and during an event). We can only encourage this for safety reasons.
3. More than half of the people use the organisation's GPX when participating in an event. We would very much like to see this figure increase. The sabotage of arrows can never be 100% excluded and with the track in your possession you avoid many unpleasant surprises.
4. The importance of a good trail shoe has become obvious to almost everyone. Salomon has been the undisputed market leader for years. However, other brands, including Hoka, are leading the way. Asics, Scott and Saucony are also gaining market share.
5. The fact that trailrunners are less competitive than road racers is confirmed and, after Corona, a free start may still be possible on some events.
6. Finally, 2/3 of the riders also participate in road races and 2/3 of the trailrunners attach a lot of importance to the post-race refreshments.
You can see the exact figures below.
Thank you again and don't forget to register for our next confirmed trail, the Kluisberg Trail, from 13th to 21st February. Limited places, several days, free start etc...
The Sportevents Team